Polish Real Estate Federation
Polish Real Estate Federation (PREF) is an independent professional organization created by six regional real estate brokers associations in January 1995. Currently, the Federation incorporates 23 regional associations with approximately 3500 members, who are either real estate or property management professionals or academics and real estate counselors.
PREF fully respects the independence of its regional associations but at the same time creates a platform creating a unified voice for real estate in Poland. The Federation strives to play a positive role in the economic development of the country by participating in legislative processes to strengthen the real estate industry and promote private property rights. Its international activities are aimed at promoting its members' services as well as overall real estate investment possibilities in Poland.
The mission of the Polish Real Estate Federation is to ensure the enhancement of the Polish real estate market, namely advancement in the direction of excellent services being provided by its members, building correct information systems for the public and government, and ensuring that all property professionals are united for the good of the market. The main objectives of the Federation are to:
- Create cooperation principles and forms of further integration of real estate environment
- Represent the Federation's members before central bodies and state organizations, and on the international scene
- Protect professional rights and increase the importance of real estate professions
- Promote unity and understanding among real estate professionals
- Promote services of members and to assist with the development of real estate market in Poland
- Create favorable conditions for setting up professional self-government of real estate professions
- Improve system of education and professional qualifications of real estate professionals
- Enforce the provisions of nationally binding "Code of Ethics and Professional Standards"
- Provide its members with most current information concerning real estate market The Federation achieves its goals through:
- Cooperating with governmental agencies and other organizations and institutions interested in the regulation and development of real estate market
- Enabling and encouraging improvement of members' qualifications
- Organizing of conferences, trainings/seminars, exhibitions
- Publishing and disseminating papers, periodicals, specialized books and reports related to real estate markets
- Presenting common opinions on new legal regulations concerning real estate markets
- Promoting and stimulating cooperation among real estate professionals
- Promoting services of members
- Creating positive image of the real estate professions through contacts with mass media;
- Developing real estate market researches
- Establishing liaisons with foreign real estate associations and their members
In June 2011, PREF launched a property marketing site, www.Fagora.pl. The site provides consumers the ability to search for residential and commercial properties in the majority of the country’s 16 regions; with more regions to be added. A basic condition for the system is the introduction of a brokerage contract, guaranteeing exclusivity to the intermediary agency while providing client representation to the whole real estate market. The system increases chances for a favorable sale of the property and provides convenience for the customer. Any offer may be entered once, making the listings database extremely readable. To expand exposure for PREF agent listings, property data from Fagora.pl is fed to WorldProperties.com, where listings are translated into 20 languages.