Latvian Real Estate Association LANIDA
The Latvian Real Estate Association was founded in 1994. It is an independent Public Organization that unites Real Estate Specialists. Within its Members at present there are the well-known Real Estate Companies of Latvia that have proved themselves in the Real Estate Market during a long period of time. LANIDA is always open for professionals that have a desire to work honestly and to comply in their work with the Association’s Code of Ethics and the Practice Standards.
The aim of the association is to contribute to improve and develop its members’ knowledge and skills, to facilitate their professional activities. The association seeks to develop a favorable environment for the dialogue between the real estate specialists, society and governmental structures. Individuals may become members of LANIDA only if their main business activity is related to real estate transactions and if they have experience in this field. All members of LANIDA must obtain a document certifying to their professional competence. LANIDA introduced a system of voluntary certification association which differentiates is members professionally for other non members thus bringing greater order into the professional environment and guaranteeing clients of LANIDA members a high level of services and maximum safety in their transactions.
Purpose of activity, tasks and methods of the Latvian Real Estate Association LANIDA are as follows:
Purpose of the Association’s activity is to conform and to protect the interests of its Members in the real estate market, in the matters of economics and in the relations among the Members and their clients, to facilitate the real estate market, to improve the quality of services provided in the real estate market, to facilitate the professional promotion of the market participants working in the real estate market.
Tasks of the Association’s activity are:
Towards these ends, LANIDA :
- elaboration of the Programme of common activity of the Association’s Members and the provision of its fulfillment.
- representation of the interests of the Members of the Association in the Institutions of the State Authority, of the State Administration, in the economical and public Institutions as well as in the International Organizations
- protection of the rights and interests of the Members of the Association, .
- operative provision with information of the Members of the Association in the matters of the Legislation of the Republic of Latvia and in other matters, .
- organizing of the exchange of experience
- training and the improvement of qualification of the Members of the Association,
- popularization of the work of the Members of the Association and the raise of their prestige
- protection of the Members of the Association against a dishonest competitiveness
- A methodical, legal and consultative assistance for the Members of the Association
- participates in the elaboration of the Normative Acts connected with real estates cooperating with the competent Institutions of State Authority
- organizes and coordinates communication with the respective foreign Organizations that represent the interests of the Association’s Members in the International Organizations
- keeps continuous contacts with the State Institutions of Legislation and Executive Authority
- spreads freely the information about its activity, make its own press publications and other means of mass information, performs other public activity in compliance with " Law On Societies And Establishments",
- carries out the economical activity in accordance with "Law On Societies And Establishments".
One of the main objectives of LANIDA is to increase professionalism and standards of real estate in Latvia. LANIDA together with the state agency "Latvijas Standarts" has created national standard for professional work in the real estate market - LVS375 "Services of real estate agents. General requirements". Since 2006 the Standard has come into force. All members of the association are required now to have an obligatory professional indemnity insurance policy now. A common standardized mediation agreement is also being developed for all the companies that are members of the association. LANIDA has 5 working groups (committees) representing and controlling it major policy and member services initiatives: Certification committee, Committee of standards, Committee of ethics, Arbitration committee, and Special mission committee. There is also a an educational centre , a Court of Arbitration, a Department of International Affairs and research department operating under the association. LANIDA actively establishes International contacts. LANIDA is a member of the International Consortium of Real Estate Associations (ICREA), the Central European Real Estate Associations Network (CEREAN), The European Council of Real Estate Professions (CEPI) and the International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI). LANIDA also has Cooperation Agreements with the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and with the Russian Guild of Realtors (RGR).
Address: 45/47 Elizabetes street, of. 316, Riga LV-1010, Latvia
Phone: +371 67332034, Fax: +371 67331303