Dansk Ejendomsmæglerforening (DE)
Dansk Ejendomsmæglerforening (DE) was formed in 1912 for the purpose of gathering all reputable real estate agents who run real estate by commission, therefore being able to safeguard all members' business interests and ensure that buyers and sellers experience good and effective treatment. The current number of DE members is approximately 3,000 which represent nearly 95% of all practicing Danish estate agents. The members are either owners of an estate agency or employed in such a business. There are approximately 1,500 estate agencies in Denmark.
Principal Activities of the Danish Association of Chartered Estate Agents:
International activities :
- Represents the members in boards, tribunals and committees.
- Is the spokesman of the members towards government and the public and co-operates with other associations.
- Is responsible for courses and other educational activities towards the members.
- Is responsible for the provision of liability insurance and financial guarantee for the members towards consumers (each estate agent is by law required to establish a financial guarantee worth 2,5 million Danish Kroner - approximately 325,000 $ - as indemnity towards consumers).
- Provides law courts with expert opinions regarding property matters.
- Seeks to enhance professional loyalty between its members.
- Sets rules of business ethic within the real estate industry.
- Is financially responsible for the running of a public Complaint Board, where consumers can complain over estate agents (this Board is established between the Danish Consumers' Board, The Danish House Owners Association and DE and deals with approximately 300 complaints annually)
- Is responsible for the publication of the monthly magazine "Ejendomsmægleren"
- Is responsible for the wording of all standard documents in connection with buying and selling of houses in Denmark
- Provides its members with "hot-line" support as far as property matters and IT is concerned
- Is responsible for the following 3 websites: www.de.dk (the association's website) www.boligsiden.dk (the largest Danish database with 32,000 properties for sale and is visited by 1.3 million unique users per month) and www.oline.dk (the largest Danish database for commercial real estate for sale or for rent)
- DE is a founding member of ICREA
- DE is a founding member of NEU (The Nordic Association of Estate Agents' Associations)
- DE is a founding member of EPAG and CEPI
- DE is a principal member of the Danish Chapter of FIABCI
- DE is member of TEGoVA and affiliated with NAR
DE celebrates its 100th anniversary on May 11, 2012 in Copenhagen with a reception and awards ceremony, followed by a dinner, entertainment and dancing.